Saturday 10 April 2010

I've had a letter from the council!

When I got home from work this afternoon, there was a letter from the council on my doormat. Normally this is bad news. The sort of letter I get from the council is usually on the lines of "pay your council tax or we're sending the bailiffs in". This one's different. It's a letter I've been waiting for for over a week, since I handed in my nomination papers for the local election. The letter's from the Electoral Services Unit and it confirms that my nomination papers are valid. I was starting to fret about that, thinking I might get knocked out on a technicality. But no, it's official, I'm now a candidate for election to Manchester City Council. That's one less thing to worry about.

Now all I've got to worry about is fighting an election campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment